Thursday, November 04, 2004

watching Liberation Watch

I like the way Drew links his discussion of ICT in Iraq with larger issues there such as economic development and freedom from censorship.

Drew was stationed in Iraq for several months (18 months, I think). It was during this time that I first met him via the UNC online discussion board. I was, still am fascinated with the energy and resolve that he had to pursue studies in the middle of a war. Did I mention that he was in Baghdad? He did pause his studies when the war, or rather the establishing of a new government, began to take more and more of his attention amid violence and the unknown.

Today, he's back in the states and writes from his home here. His connection to Iraq is evident. He finds relevant articles and places them into context based on his knowledge of the culture and current conditions. I am especially intrigued that an Iraqi (http://iraqithoughts.blogspot.com/) has found his blog and has posted comments at least two times.

There is much depth in his blog; of particular interest to me, as an American, is the rebuilding Iraq site (http://www.rebuilding-iraq.net/)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home