Thursday, November 04, 2004

Cell Yell defined

I had never heard of "cell yell" until I read Wes Anthony's blog on this topic. Apparently this phenomenon started when people started talking loudly (yelling) in order to be heard on their cell phones. Although I was oblivious to the cell-talk decibels, I had noticed recently that certain people will talk very loudly, much more loudly than I thought appropriate; I had also noticed that these same certain people carried cell phones fairly conspicuously and quickly responded to calls. So I have made the connection to cell talking and non-cell yelling.

Wes also discusses other problems that excessive cell use has begun to cause. I especially liked the website http://www.cellmanners.com as a resource to cell phone users.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home