Wednesday, October 27, 2004

Intel's Innovation in Education

When I started doing my research on the use of technology in education, I thought I would focus on corporate funding of technology initiatives-specifically those relating to bridging the digital divide.

I felt that I had won the jackpot when I learned about Intel and its programs, which include an afterschool computer clubhouse program for youth in underserved communities worldwide. I still feel that way but after doing more and more research, I found that there is or should be a dialogue about the value of technology in the classroom and practical, feasible ways of using technology to improve outcomes. As a result, many of the websites that I have found and recommended to date have focused on these issues--typically from an educator's perspective.

The Intel site though is useful because it provides working models of programs and resources for teachers that include instructional plans.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home