Friday, November 05, 2004

distance ed for real?

Christy Kinnion is both a distance education student and teacher (read, technology-enabled not just self-study), giving her a unique perspective on the use of technology in education.

She has begun exploring distance ed curriculums and the trustworthiness of degrees obtained via the computer. I am using simple language here as I can hear myself trying to describe tech-learning to the uninitiated. I don't think anyone but my family understands how time-consuming, effort-taking, and addictive my on-line classes have been.

I do like to talk about how I am taking classes at the School of Journalism and Mass Communication at UNC-Chapel Hill (surely impressive) through the computer (surely not so impressive).

Great (good?) students and great universities may connect in the virtual classroom but I am still left explaining. In May 2005, though, I won't have to tell anyone how I got my credentials in Technology and Communication just that I have them.

1 Comments:

At 11:09 PM, Blogger Anya said...

Hello smallscreenmom! I looked for an email contact address on your blog but couldn't find one. I wanted to let you know I really enjoy dropping in and reading your thoughtful posts. I have a kids/research blog at http://anyaka.blogspot.com and I've listed your blog in my links *smile*

Best wishes with your studies!
Angela / Anya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home