Tuesday, October 05, 2004

blogging credentials

When I first wrote my about me section for this blog, I wrote mainly about my status as the mother of two boys with different ways of learning. Listing favorite books, movies, etc. in the profile seemed like a way to position myself based on my social-psychological-spiritual-political-economic leanings rather than list qualifications. But after reading this week's assignment about stating my qualifications to write on this subject, I more carefully considered what my credentials are, if any, for a blog on online educational activities. I do have some! They are presented in my profile now.

Although all of my credentials are not based on academic and professional training, I will have a credential when I complete this series of courses in the certificate program. And I have done enough reading on child development that I understand discussions on this topic, and can make decisions based on informed judgment rather than personal preferences or prejudices--not that I don't have those, but I do have a bit more substance to back up my discussions.

As I read others' blogs, I will consider how the profiles present not just a worldview but bona fide credentials.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home