Monday, October 04, 2004

Seussville: Oh, The Places You'll (not) Go

Seussville is a different kind of site: being different can be good (I learned that from Dr. Seuss himself) but it isn't always a good thing.

The site opens with a choice of high or low bandwidth, and then opens to a smaller, free-standing screen--this set-up is neat but unnerving.

Most Seuss readers are early readers so reading shouldn't be a prerequisite to play games at the playground on this site. Games should be clearly labeled; that games are located at the playground is not intuitive to the busy parent or early reader.

Even I may develop self-esteem issues because of my inability to grasp the game rules quickly. The Sam I am Says (based on the book Green Eggs and Ham) game was difficult and required fast reading and quick memorization. I don't think I won; in fact, points were deducted due to my inabiilty to play successfully.

The Oh, The Places You'll Go and Catch a Thing were entertaining but not educational.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home